|Energy rebate program opened Tuesday in state |
|Posted: Thursday, August 26, 2010 9:58 am |
|Nashville – Department of Economic and Community Development Commissioner Matt Kisber on Monday announced the State Energy Efficient Appliance Rebate Program (SEEARP) will open (today) Tuesday, Aug. 24 at noon CDT. |
Rebates will be available on a first-come, first-served basis for qualifying Energy Star heating and cooling appliances.
Eligible appliances include air source heat pumps, central air conditioners, gas furnaces and room air conditioners with the Energy Star designation.
A rebate of $250 will be available for the air source heat pumps and central air conditioners, a rebate of $150 will be available for gas furnaces, and a rebate of $40 will be available for room air conditioners.Purchases made on or after April 22, 2010 will be eligible for the rebate.
To qualify for the program, consumers must complete the following steps in applying for a rebate:
* Visit www.e-rebates.org/teearp to begin the online rebate application process. Consumers who do not have access to the Internet should call 1-877-741-4304, and an application will be mailed.
* On the website identify the qualifying appliance at the top of the page and click “Proceed” to begin an application.
* Complete the application in its entirety, and then print, sign and date.
* All completed and signed applications, whether started online or not, must be mailed along with (a) a sales receipt or invoice that shows the date of purchase, cost, and equipment make and model and (b) a copy of a recent electric utility bill for the installation address to one of the following addresses.
• For rebates on air source heat pumps, central air conditioners or gas furnaces, mail the signed, completed application and supporting documents to:
CSG Incentive Processing, c/o TN Appliance Rebate Program; P.O. Box 290189, Nashville, TN 37229-0189
• For rebates on room air conditioners, mail the signed, completed application and supporting documents to:
EFI Incentive Processing, TN Appliance Rebate Program; Room AC Application; P.O. Box 1248, Westborough, MA 01581-1248
Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis, determined by the application’s postmarked date.
Rebates will be distributed as a prepaid Citibank® MasterCard® and will take approximately 6-8 weeks to receive.
Only one rebate per household will be accepted.