County meeting set
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 8:56 pm
The Messenger, August 10, 2010
The Obion County Legislative Body will meet 9 a.m. Monday in the circuit courtroom at the Obion County Courthouse in Union City.
Items on the agenda include:
• the reappointment of Judicial Commissioners (now serving, Ellarine Moses, Ben Johnston, Frank Long and Circuit Court Clerk Harry Johnson);
• approval of the Fiscal Year 2010-11 Indigent Care Trust Fund’s budget;
• approval of a Surety Bond for Paula McGuire in the Highway Department;
• approval of Notary Public applications.
Boards and committees to be considered at the September term include:
• election of the chairman of the Legislative Body (now serving, Ralph Puckett);
• election of the chairman pro tem (now serving, Allen Nohsey);
• appointment of the Finance Committee (now serving, Tim Doyle, Donnie Braswell and a replacement for Jimmy Seals. Trustee Lori Seals and Mayor Benny McGuire are members because of the offices they hold.)
• appointment of the Legislative Committee (now serving are Allen Nohsey, Terry Roberts, Donnie Braswell, Ralph Puckett and Tim Doyle)
The session will be open to the public.