Exit polling numbers released in Weakley County

Exit polling numbers released in Weakley County

Greenfield: Fincher is leading with 48 percent, Herron and Kirkland splitting at 24 percent each.
Trustees race: Floyd leading at 76 percent of the vote. Numbers are by no means official.

Martin: Districts 5 and 8 exit polling numbers:

After exit polling in two districts in Martin, the Dems seem to be taking a lead in the gubernatorial and congressional races. In the governor’s race, Mike McWherter has taken 50 percent of the votes, followed by Bill Haslam with 30 percent of the votes and Ron Ramsey with 15 percent of the votes.

The congressional race in Martin offers less decision according to exit poll numbers, which are in no way, shape or form, an accurate indicator of election results. Roy Herron has taken 42 percent of the votes, Stephen Fincher with 30 percent of the voters polled and Ron Kirkland with 15 percent. George Flinn and Randy Smith make up the remaining eight percent.

Of voters polled in two districts in Martin, the trustee’s race shows Marci Floyd with 69 percent of the votes tallied by exit pollers. Alex Britt carries the remaining 31 percent.

In the District 5 commission race, Dick Phebus has taken 50 percent of the exit polling results, with Larry Taylor at 36 percent and newcomer Scott Fortner with 14 percent of the exit poll results.

Just a reminder, these numbers are in no way to be considered official. Official results will follow when the polls close after 7 p.m. tonight.

 

Leave a Comment