Skip to content

Opryland CEO says canceled guests in Vegas

Opryland CEO says canceled guests in Vegas

Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 8:02 pm

NASHVILLE (AP) — Gaylord Entertainment CEO Colin Reed says Las Vegas has been a major beneficiary of the convention businesses the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center had to cancel because of last month’s floods.
The hotel had 320,000 room nights booked between the beginning of May and the end of October. Some of those guests went to other Nashville hotels or to Gaylord hotels in other cities, but the majority did neither.
Speaking at a Thursday news conference, Reed said he was not concerned about losing business to Las Vegas over the long term. He said Nashville and Gaylord Opryland are competitive with anybody.
Meanwhile, all remediation work is complete and the company has moved into the reconstruction phase. Reed said the hotel may be open by Nov. 10, in time for the CMA Awards show.

Published in The Messenger 6.25.10

Leave a Comment