Election news told
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 12:29 pm
The Messenger, June 23, 2010
Qualifying petitions may be picked up at the Obion County Election office at 308 Bill Burnett Circle in Union City for those interested in running for an office on the Nov. 2 general ballot, according to administrator Leigh Schlager.
Candidates must file a qualifying petition with the election office, signed by at least 25 voters with residence addresses who are able to fill the office. Qualifying petitions must also be signed by the candidates and must be submitted by noon Aug. 19 at the office, whose hours are 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. weekdays. The phone number is 885-1901 and the fax number is 885-6280.
Positions which will appear on the general ballot for local races include the following:
• City of Kenton — mayor, six aldermen and city judge;
• Town of Obion — mayor and six councilmen;
• Town of Samburg — three aldermen;
• City of South Fulton — two city commissioners (Wards 2 and 3);
• Town of Troy — mayor and five aldermen;
• City of Union City — four Union City School Board members (Wards 1, 3, 5 and at large) and three city councilmen (Wards 1, 4 and at large);
• City of Woodland Mills — one alderman