County meeting set
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2010 11:54 am
The Messenger, May 31, 2010
The Obion County Budget Committee will meet 9 a.m. Friday in the basement conference room at the Obion County Courthouse.
Items on the agenda include:
• action to rescind the May term appointment and consider a new appointment to fill the vacancy in District 4 for the Obion County Board of Education (seat formerly held by Glenn Giffin);
• resolutions to participate in the Three-Star Program, to affirm compliance with Federal Title VI regulations and to adopt the “Strategic Economic Development Plan”;
• approval of an “In-lieu-of Tax Payment Plan” for Pioneer Seed Co.;
• a request to transfer $62,000 from “Salaries” to “Communication Equipment” in the sheriff’s budget in order to purchase and install a radio console in the dispatch center;
• consideration of Public Chapter No. 529 (regarding energy efficiency and conservation and building construction and fire safety codes);
• a resolution to amend the resolution authorizing the submission of an application for a Tennessee Industrial Infrastructure Grant;
• a resolution to amend the resolution fixing the tax levy for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2009;
• information from Griffin Industries Inc. concerning dead animal removal services;
• an appointment to the Reelfoot Lake Regional Utility and Planning District (now serving, Hazeleen Grimes);
• list of Notary Public applications;
• other matters brought before the committee.
Boards and committees to be considered for the July term include: Beer Committee (now serving, Jimmy Seals, Perry Barfield, Kenneth Cheatham); County Fire Committee (now serving, Dean Jowers, Tim Doyle, Paul Albright, Wes Miller, Mark Watson); Board of Hospital Governors (now serving, Gary Houston); Reelfoot Lake Tourist Council (now serving, Janis Cunningham). The meeting will be open to the public.
All members are urged to attend, a spokesman said.