County meeting set
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 1:13 pm
The Messenger, May 11, 2010
The Obion County Legislative Body will meet 9 a.m. Monday in the circuit courtroom at the Obion County Courthouse in Union City.
There are no items on the agenda under “old business.”
Under “new business,” the commission will consider the following:
• resolutions to amend the General Purpose School Fund and to certify the South Fulton Municipal-Regional Major Road Plan to the Obion County Commission;
• a request to be released of the 2008 county taxes from Trustee Lori Seals;
• resolutions to authorize an application for a USDA Community Facility Assistance Grant for the Obion County Public Library ($17,300), to authorize an application for a litter and trash collecting grant and to adopt a continuing budget and tax rate for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2010, until the FY 2010-11 appropriation resolution is adopted;
• a financial report for the Indigent Care Trust Fund;
• approval of Notary Public applications;
• appointments to the following boards: Health and Educational Facilities Board (now serving, Casseline Mobley and Tony Gregory), Library Board (now serving, Mary Ann Hime and Bob Gibson), Nursing Home Board (now serving, Janis Lacewell, Dr. Bobby Williams, Tracey Batey, Earnest Daniels, Timmy Gant, Terry Council and Sonny Yarbrough.
The session will be open to the public.