|Election Day is Tuesday |
|Posted: Friday, April 30, 2010 3:22 pm |
|Democrats are asked to head to the polls Tuesday, May 4 and cast their ballots for a number of candidates seeking office in the 2010 Democratic Primary. |
Thus far, the Weakley County Election Commission reports approximately 100 people across the county have voted during the early voting period, which began April 14.
Today is the last day of early voting for the May 4 Democratic primary.
Weakley County Elections Administrator Barbara Castleman reminds voters that the polls open at 9 a.m. on Tuesday.
Candidates seeking office include:
• District 1 County Commission – John Salmon and David Rook;
• District 2 County Commission – Eric Owen and Julia Rich;
• District 3 County Commission – Michael Medling and Roger Stewart;
• District 4 County Commission – Tommy Jones and Joe Farmer
• District 5 County Commission – Larry Taylor and Dick Phebus;
• District 6 County Commission – Earl Wright and Dale Overton;
• District 7 County Commission – Shirley Callis and Bob Bell;
• District 8 County Commission – Sam Sinclair and Jack Vincent;
• District 9 County Commission – Jimmy Westbrook and Kevin McAlpin;
• County Mayor – Houston Patrick;
• County Trustee – Marci Floyd;
• Sheriff – Mike Wilson;
• Circuit Court Clerk – Pam Belew;
• County Clerk – Pat Scarbrough;
• Register of Deeds – Donna Winstead;
• Road Supervisor – Kermit Hopper;
• Highway Commission, Districts 1, 8, 9 – Garry Mansfield.
With the exception of newcomer Callis, the remaining candidates are vying to retain their seat as incumbents.
With little opposition facing the candidates May 4, voters will see a heavy slate of offices during the General Election in August as they are asked to choose between Republican and Democratic candidates.
Voters are asked to bring their Voter Registration card or a photo identification when heading to the polls on Tuesday for the May 4 Democratic Primary.
June 16 is the deadline for application to those seeking a write-in vote during the August General Election. Applications are available at the election commission office in Dresden.