County meeting slated
Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 1:57 pm
The Messenger, April 27, 2010
The Obion County Budget Committee will meet 9 a.m. Monday in the basement conference room at the Obion County Courthouse.
Items on the agenda include:
• resolutions to amend the general purpose school fund and approve a budget transfer for the assessor of property;
• a request to be released of the 2008 county taxes;
• a presentation by Patricia Dotson;
• a presentation by Chuck Ashley;
• resolutions to certify the South Fulton Municipal-Regional major road plan, to authorize an application for a USDA community facility assistance grant for the library ($17,300), to authorize an application for a litter and trash collecting grant for fiscal year 2010-11 and to adopt a continuing budget and tax rate for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2010, and continuing until the FY 2010-11 appropriation resolution is adopted;
• a financial report for the Indigent Care Trust Fund;
• consideration of personnel for the following boards: Health and Educational Facilities Board (now serving, Casseline Mobley and Tony Gregory), Library Board (now serving, Mary Ann Hime and Bob Gibson), Nursing Home Board (now serving, Janis Lacewell, Dr. Bobby Williams, Tracey Batey, Earnest Daniels, Timmy Gant, Terry Council and Sonny Yarbrough);
• list of notary public applications;
• other matters brought before the committee.
The meeting will be open to the public.
All members are urged to attend, a spokesman said.