Events set in Tennessee
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 8:02 pm
With more than 800 festivals and events annually, the spotlight is always on Tennessee.
• Knoxville’s Opera Rossini Festival will be held Saturday. It’s an annual celebration of the fun and excitement Opera and Italian culture provides. This downtown festival has food, beverages, entertainment and a wide range of art vendors. Enjoy world-class opera performances, wine tastings and the vibrance of this Italian street fair. For more information, contact (865) 524-0795 or visit rossinifestival.com.
• Small Fry Parade will be held in Paris Saturday. Enjoy watching these small fry floats parade around the court square. The parade starts at 10 a.m. and is sponsored by the Paris-Henry County Jaycees. For more information, contact Mike Key at (731) 642-9271.
• Franklin Main Street Festival will be held Saturday and Sunday. The free event features 220 arts/crafts booths, four stages, two carnivals, three food courts and a beer/wine garden. For more information, call Nancy Williams (615) 591-8500 or visit historicfranklin.com.
• The National Cornbread Festival will be held in South Pittsburg Saturday and Sunday. There will be live entertainment, juried arts, crafts and food. This festival honors cornbread with the National Cornbread Cook-Off. Sample cornbreads and main dish recipes will be available. Don’t miss “Cornbread Alley” and old-time downtown shops open to the public. For more information, call (423) 837-0022 or visit nationalcornbread.com.
• The Fifth Friday Fish Fry in Red Boiling Springs will be held April 30. Volunteers come together to offer bluegrass and gospel entertainment, while the best fried catfish and all the fixings are served. All proceeds benefit the Goodwill Committee. For more information, call 800-799-1705 or visit donohohotel.com.
• The NSRA Street Rod Nationals South will be held in Knoxville April 30-May 2. More than 3,500 street rods, modernized vintage automobiles, come to Knoxville for this event, which is a combination of car shows, commercial events and swap meets with food, games and live entertainment. For more information, visit nrsa-usa.com.
Published in The Messenger 4.21.10