County meeting set
Posted: Friday, April 9, 2010 12:54 pm
The Messenger, April 9, 2010
The Obion County Legislative Body will meet 9 a.m. April 19 in the circuit courtroom at the Obion County Courthouse in Union City.
The court will honor Chassidy Fussell for her selection as Tennessee’s “Class AA Miss Basketball” and approve the minutes of the March 2010 term.
There are no items on the agenda under “old business.”
Under “new business,” the commission will consider the following:
• a resolution to amend the General Purpose School Fund in the amount of $13,180;
• a resolution to amend the County General Fund in the amounts of $3,757 and $12,021;
• a resolution showing support for the authorization to adopt the Local Preference Purchasing Policies;
• a resolution to require county employees who drive county-owned vehicles to show proof annually of a valid driver’s license;
• election of the Board of Equalization (now serving, David Fowler, John Snead, Diane Sanderson and Billy Clark, with Mike Daniel as the Union City appointee)
• approval of notary public applications;
The session will be open to the public.