Series to begin Tuesday at Union
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2010 12:48 pm
The Messenger 02.05.10
Faith and practice will be the topic for the next Town and Gown series at Union University in Jackson on Tuesday nights from Tuesday through March 9.
The Town and Gown series is an opportunity for community members interested in various topics to attend lectures and participate in discussions in a classroom setting.
The classes are free and open to the public.
The lectures in this Town and Gown installment will discuss how Christians can integrate their faith with life and work in today’s world.
Each class will begin at 5 p.m. in White Hall room 262.
The schedule of classes includes:
• Tuesday — “Introduction of Christian Worldview and Practice,” by Tim Smith, dean of the School of Nursing.
• Feb. 16 — “Christian Worldview and Technol-ogy,” by Justin Barnard, associate professor of philosophy and director of the Carl F.H. Henry Institute for Intellectual Development.
• Feb. 23 — “Christian Worldview and the Practice of Ethics,” by Ben Mitchell, Graves Professor of Moral Philosophy.
• March 2 — “Christian Worldview and the Practice of Teaching,” by Tom Rosebrough, dean of the College of Education and Human Studies.
• March 9 — “Integrating One’s Faith into Practice,” by Kelly Harden, associate professor of nursing.