FCE members do well at mini conference
Posted: Tuesday, September 1, 2009 9:41 am
More than 200 Family and Community Education members from 24 counties recently attended the Western Region Tennessee Regional Mini Conference held in Jackson.
Members of the Obion County FCE Clubs walked away with many awards, including:
Western Region Cultural Arts Competition
First- and second-place winners will go to the State FCE Conference in Jackson Nov. 9-11 at the Holiday Inn.
• Chairs and Stools — Jane Fisher first place;
• Dolls — Nadine Killion first place;
• Tatting — Susan Holzner second place;
• Other Cross Stitch — Frances Allen second place;
• Other Hand Stitching — Mary Louise Davis second place;
• Quilts Hand Pieced and Hand Quilted — Jeanette Proctor first place;
• Specialty Quilts Applique — Charlotte Pierce second place;
• Specialty Embroidery — Jeanette Proctor first place and Mary Louise Davis second place;
• Baby Quilts and Lap Quilts — Charlotte Pierce first place and Mary Louise Davis second place;
• Other Quilted Items Wall Hanging — Barbara Parker second place;
• Rug Making — Nadine Killion second place;
• Sculpture — Nita Simpson second place;
• Stained Glass — Nita Simpson first place;
• Weaving Loom — Frances Parmenter second place;
• Wood Carving — Nita Simpson first place.
• Essay — Sara Allen first place.
First-place winners go to the State FCE Conference in Jackson.
• Suit or Dressy Ensemble — Mary Lois Owens second place;
• Better Dress — Mary Lois Owens second place;
• Jacket — Charlotte Pierce second place;
• Active Wear — Mary Lois Owens first place;
• Children’s Active Wear — Mary Lois Owens first place;
• Children’s Better Dress — Nadine Killion second place;
• Recycled Garment — Nancy Tankersley first place;
• Wardrobe Accessory — Susan Holzner first place;
• My Best Fashion Purchase — Mary Louise Davis first place and Frances Allen second place.
Published in The Messenger 8.31.09