Skip to content

Fire reported

Fire reported

Posted: Friday, August 21, 2009 7:41 am

The Messenger, August 20, 2009
A Fulton home was damaged Tuesday afternoon in a fire that apparently began in a kitchen.
Both the Fulton and South Fulton fire departments, under an automatic mutual aid agreement between the two cities, responded to a fire at Clara Alexander’s home at 800 East State Line Road in Fulton at 3:05 p.m. Tuesday, according to Fulton Fire Chief Jim Hartz.
Firefighters arrived to observe smoke coming from a kitchen window on the west side of the structure, where no one was home at the time. Firefighters made entry and were able to contain the fire to the kitchen and living room area of the home.
Heavy smoke damage was observed throughout the home, Hartz said.
Firefighters were on the scene about 11/2 hours.
Hartz said the fire was determined to be accidental in nature and the point of origin was on the burner of an electric cook stove.
One firefighter was treated at the scene by the Twin City Ambulance Service due to heat.

Leave a Comment