Circuit Court releases additional indictments
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 10:00 pm
Several more indictments handed down by the June term of the Obion County grand jury were disclosed Thursday.
The grand jury met earlier this week to hear allegations of criminal activity to determine if charges should be levied by indictment.
The majority of the indictments were made public Wednesday by Obion County Circuit Court Clerk Harry Johnson, but a few of them had remained sealed, or secret, pending the arrests of those charged.
The additional indictments now made public include:
• Andrew G. Jasman — sale of a controlled substance.
• Bryan Mitchell and Donnie Ray Mitchell — two separate indictments, each for sale of a controlled substance.
• Bryan Mitchell — sale of a controlled substance.
• Kevin Phillips — two separate indictments, each for sale of a controlled substance (two counts).
• Josh Antonio McElrath — aggravated assault (named in an indictment with Kahara Danielle Dodson).
All of those indicted will be arraigned Monday beginning at 9 a.m. in Circuit Court.
Published in The Messenger 6.5.09