Skip to content

Fire damages home

Fire damages home

Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2008 4:40 pm

The Messenger. 11.13.08 A home in Hornbeak was damaged by fire Tuesday night. The fire broke out about 9 p.m. at the home on Wallace Street, where no one was home at the time, according to a spokesman for the Hornbeak Volunteer Fire Department. The names of the owner and/or occupants of the home were not available. Through the mutual aid agreement that exists among local fire departments, Hornbeak firefighters received assistance with manpower from the nearby Samburg-Reelfoot Volunteer Fire Department. The Obion County Rescue Squad was also on the scene for medical stand-by. The spokesman said the house sustained major damage in the blaze, which was possibly the result of an electrical short. Firefighters were able to rescue two dogs from inside the home, though.

Leave a Comment