Drug, sex crimes top indictment list
Posted: Friday, October 10, 2008 8:18 pm
A number of drug-related and sex-related offenses top the list of indictments handed down this week by the October term of the Obion County grand jury.
Those indicted are scheduled to be arraigned Monday in Obion County Circuit Court.
A list of 48 indictments was released Thursday afternoon by Circuit Court Clerk Harry Johnson’s office. Included are nine indictments that remain either partially or totally sealed, or secret, pending the notification of those charged. Those indictments will be made public after Monday’s arraignments.
The grand jury convenes three times a year in Obion County to hear evidence of criminal allegations to determine if charges should be levied through indictment. Many of the cases presented have been waived to the grand jury or bound over from General Sessions Court, while some of them have been presented directly to the grand jury for consideration.
The list of indictments for the October term includes:
• Kevin Sherill Anderson and a second unnamed defendant — aggravated child abuse (two counts), aggravated assault (Anderson only), aggravated child neglect or endangerment (two counts) and aggravated assault (the second defendant only).
• Brian Wade Baker — worthless check and theft.
• James Royce Barker Jr. — sale of a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance with intent and drug paraphernalia.
• Jason Scott Bonner — criminal simulation (nine counts) and theft.
• Jennifer Lynn Coleman, Kimberly Dawn Varner and Michael Graham Varner — criminal conspiracy to commit fraudulent obtaining a controlled substance, fraudulent obtaining a controlled substance (three counts, all defendants) and simple possession (Coleman only).
• Shawn Keith Cooper — arson, assault and reckless endangerment.
• Demetrius Darnette Davis and Toja Renee Blair — theft (both defendants), theft and criminal impersonation (two counts, Davis only).
• Gregory Franklin Essary — domestic assault, assault, resisting arrest and retaliation for past action.
• Latonio Montez Fair and Traventae Sherrod Marion — aggravated robbery.
• David Everett Garrigan — driving under the influence and implied consent.
• Artresha Shavonda Goss — simple possession, drug paraphernalia and tampering with evidence.
• William Ray Hamblin and Eric Stephen Bullock — criminal conspiracy of promotion of methamphetamine manufacture, criminal attempt of promotion of methamphetamine manufacture and drug paraphernalia.
• Joseph Harris Jr. — rape of a child.
• Sergio Arturo Hernandez — theft and forgery.
• Jack Russell Holland — fraudulent obtaining of a controlled substance (two counts) and forgery (three counts).
• Loyal Jackie Johnson — aggravated assault.
• James Bradley Kent and Jonathan Kirby Parker — promotion of methamphetamine manufacture, simple possession and possession of a controlled substance with intent.
• Sidoles Shariff Lubin — aggravated criminal trespassing (two counts), evading arrest (two counts), driving on a suspended license and priors.
• Tina Renee McCoy — theft.
• Kwanna Joyce McElrath — possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell or deliver.
• Ricky Joe McWherter and Tarren Lea Simpson — child abuse (both), child abuse (McWherter only), child neglect or endangerment (two counts, Simpson only).
• Marcus Marvel Miles — motor vehicle habitual offender act violation.
• Darrell Dwayne Minor — violation of Tennessee sexual offender registration (six counts), perjury on sex offender registration form (five counts).
• Bobby Lee Murphy and Matthew David Forrest — burglary, theft and theft.
• Barney Lynn Newcomb — attempt to commit possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver or sell.
• Donnie Edward Owens Jr. — theft (two counts), forgery (three counts), fraudulent use of a credit card (three counts), public intoxication, contraband in a penal institution, simple possession and vandalism.
• Eric Dylan Petty — joyriding, theft and fraudulent use of a debit card.
• Joel Christopher Pierce — child abuse, domestic assault and assault.
• Tony Randall Prince — forgery and forgery.
• Tommy Lynn Rasberry — possession of a controlled substance with intent and manufacture of a controlled substance.
• Robert Clen Reavis — statutory rape (three counts).
• Braulio Vazquez Romero and Stephanie Lynn Romero — manufacture of a controlled substance.
• David Lee Roper — driving under the influence.
• Frank Dwayne Strong — sale of a controlled substance (two counts).
• Leann Shaw Sudbury — theft.
• Perry Damon Smith — child abuse.
• Desi Emery Summitt — public intoxication and theft.
• Brian Lee Thomason — aggravated assault.
• Rogers Wade Truett Jr. — theft.
• Jason Lowell Wilson — violation of community supervision.
• Raymond Arthur Wilson — aggravated burglary, rape, rape, criminal attempt to commit rape and reckless endangerment.
Published in The Messenger 10.10.08