Fund raiser planned
Posted: Wednesday, October 8, 2008 1:52 pm
- The Messenger. 10.08.08
A benefit fund raiser is planned for Saturday for the Beeler family of McKenzie. The family has incurred mounting expenses following the birth of triplets in February.
- Events planned for 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at McKenzie Recreational Park include a co-ed softball tournament, singing, a live auction, a jumper for children, face painting, a cake walk, food and more.
- Tim, Ashley and Drew Beeler found out in 2007 that three new members would be added to their family. The babies were expected to make their arrivals in mid-summer. However, they arrived three months early with many complications. After a long battle, baby Cate lost her battle to live. With two babies remaining who are still experiencing some complications, the family is facing many expenses.
- The co-ed softball teams must have at least three women to enter the tournament. There is a $125 entry fee.
- Local residents are encouraged to join Dr. Thomas K. Smith, O.D., and his staff in a community effort to help a wonderful family, according to Shirley Mitchell of Obion County, who is the aunt of Tim Beeler, a former resident.
- For those unable to attend, a fund has been established to assist the Beeler family at Dr. Smith’s office. Any monetary donations are greatly appreciated, Mrs. Mitchell said. For more information, contact Dr. Smith’s office at (731) 352-2020 or call (731) 693-4796 or Gloria Albright at (731) 694-4170.