‘Yard’ contest set
The Messenger. 05.20.08
The Union City City Beautiful Commission will be selecting Yards of the Month for June, July, August and September. To be considered, a yard must be landscaped by the homeowner and not by a professional hired to do the job. Winners will have special signs in their yard designating them as recipients of the honor and their photos will appear in The Messenger.
The committee needs interested citizens to submit their names for consideration.
They are asked to contact their commission ward representative:
• Ward 1 — Ann Moore at 855-7462
• Ward 2 — Melba Mackins at 885-6880
• Ward 3 — Maggie Vaughn at 446-4424
• Ward 4 — Margie Smith at 885-9730
• Ward 5 — Sheila Erwin at 885-8775
Those interested may also call Sandy Lee, chairman, at 885-8746 or 571-8751.