County meeting set
The Messenger. 05.14.08
The Obion County Legislative Body will meet 9 a.m. Monday in the circuit courtroom at the Obion County Courthouse in Union City.
Items on the agenda include:
• a contract for the extension of Hudgins Drive between Obion County and Hudgins Farm Partnership;
• information for the collection of delinquent fines, fees and court costs for Circuit and General Sessions courts;
• a request for the release of 2006 Obion County taxes;
• a financial report for the county’s Indigent Care trust fund;
• a report from the county’s Agriculture Committee concerning the lease of county-owned farmland;
• information concerning a proposed in-lieu-of tax plan for Ethanol Grain Processors;
• resolutions to amend the county general fund in the amounts of $4,300, $109,000 and $2,000;
• resolution to amend the debt service fund in the amount of $4,000;
• resolution to authorize an application for a litter and trash collection grant;
• resolution to adopt a continuing budget and tax rate.
The following will be appointments to boards and committees:
• Adult-Oriented Establishment Board — now serving are Trena Taylor, Terry Roberts, Union City Mayor Terry Hailey, Kenton Mayor John Maughn and Troy Mayor Jimmie Hart;
• Health and Educational Facilities Board — now serving are Trena Taylor and Bobby Graham;
• Library Board — now serving is Brenda Baker;
• Regional Library Board — now serving are Nina Pierce and Mike Cox;
• Nursing Home Board — now serving are Janis Lacewell, Dr. Bobby Williams, Tracey Batey, Earnest Daniels, Timmy Gant, Rev. Terry Council and Bobby Wyatt.
The approval of Notary Public applications is also on the agenda.
The session will be open to the public.