Collection day set
The Messenger. 05.07.08
Household hazardous waste collection day will be May 31 from 8 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Obion County Recycle Center at 1003B Mount Zion Road.
“You protect the environment when you bring harmful wastes from around your home to the collection site. This keeps harmful wastes out of the regular trash and landfill,” a spokesman said.
The collection site will accept:
• Household cleaners such as drain, oven and metal cleaners, polishes and disinfectants;
• Paint, thinner, stripper, adhesives and other home improvement products;
• Herbicides, pesticides, fungicide, fertilizers and other lawn and garden products;
• Waste oil and gasoline, antifreeze, oil and fuel additives, refrigerants and other auto products;
• Tires (six per household), batteries, pool chemicals, aerosols, fluorescent light bulbs, home computers, printers and other miscellaneous e-waste.
For more information, call 885-8109.