Budget meeting set
The Obion County Budget Committee will meet Monday at 9 a.m. in the basement conference room of the Obion County Courthouse.
Items on the agenda include:
• Discussion of an agreement for the extension of Hudgins Drive between Obion County and Hudgins Farm Partnership, with a cost estimate;
• Information concerning different abatement plans for Ethanol Grain Processors, LLC;
• A report from the county’s Agriculture Committee concerning the lease of county-owned farmland;
• A presentation concerning the collection of delinquent court costs and fines;
• A request to transfer funds between line items for the sheriff’s Drug Fund;
• A financial report for the county’s Indigent Care Trust Fund;
• Resolutions to amend the General Fund in the amounts of $4,300 and $109,000 and the Debt Service Fund in the amount of $4,000;
• A resolution to authorize an application for a Litter & Trash Collecting Grant for fiscal year 2008-09;
• A resolution to adopt a continuing budget and tax rate for fiscal year 2008-09;
• Notary public applications; and
• Appointments to boards and committees, including the Adult-Oriented Establishment Board (now serving are Trena Taylor, Terry Roberts, Union City Mayor Terry Hailey, Kenton Mayor John Maughn and Troy Mayor Jimmie Hart); the Health and Educational Facilities Board (now serving are Trena Taylor and Bobby Graham); the Library Board (now serving is Brenda Baker); the Regional Library Board (now serving are Nina Pierce and Mike Cox); and the Nursing Home Board (now serving are Janis Lacewell, Dr. Bobby Williams, Tracey Batey, Earnest Daniels, Timmy Gant, the Rev. Terry Council and Bobby Wyatt).
The meeting is open to the public.
Published in The Messenger 4.29.08