Pacman accuser withdraws petition
NASHVILLE (AP) — Authorities in Georgia say a woman who accused suspended Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones of hitting her has withdrawn her petition to have him arrested.
Norris Arnold, an official with the Fulton County courts, told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that Wanda S. Jackson withdrew her petition Wednesday. He didn’t know the reason, saying, “It’s over as far as we’re concerned.”
A clerk in the Warrants Division confirmed to The Associated Press that the petition had been withdrawn.
Neither Jackson nor Jones’ attorneys returned calls seeking comment on Wednesday.
Jackson, an attorney, said in her filing that she was in the Body Tap strip club’s office on Jan. 3 when an angry Jones accused managers of stealing his money and bracelet.
Jackson said she was watching the confrontation when Jones “sucker punched” her.
Arnold said a magistrate judge was scheduled to hear Jackson’s complain on Feb. 8, but that hearing has been canceled.
Last month, Jones pleaded no contest to a disorderly conduct charge related to a strip club shooting in Las Vegas that left club manager Tommy Urbanski paralyzed.
Jones has been arrested six times since being drafted sixth overall in 2005, including two arrests in Georgia in 2006 that the Titans did not learn about until 2007.
Jones was suspended for the entire 2007 season by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in April. Appeals by Pacman and his legal team fell on deaf ears to the league commish and the Tennessee cornerback sat out the whole season.
Jones was allowed to go to the Titans’ headquarters once their season ended with an AFC wild-card loss in San Diego on Jan. 6.
The NFL plans to review his status following the Pro Bowl.