Conference for Working Women slated for Feb. 26 at UT Martin
The Messenger 01.14.08
“The Balancing Act of Juggling Life’s Many Roles” is the theme of the 10th anniversary Conference for Working Women, set for Feb. 26 from 8:30 a.m.-2:15 p.m. at the University of Tennessee at Martin Boling University Center Duncan Ballroom.
UT Martin Chancellor Tom Rakes and WestStar executive director David Belote will welcome participants following breakfast and registration, which are scheduled for 8:30-9 a.m.
Sponsored by the WestStar Leadership Program, the conference is designed to appeal to all working women in West Tennessee, whether they are an assistant, an executive, in management, an elected official or the chief executive officer of a company.
Some of the speakers and their topics include:
• Randy Carter, Jackson counselor, “Top Ten List for Successful Relationships,” 9:15-10 a.m.;
• Beverly Spencer, security investigator and training specialist, FirstBank in Jackson, “Identity Theft: How to Protect Yourself,” 10:15-11 a.m.;
• Stacey Alexander, master stylist and colorist, and Paige Ranee McCormick, makeup artist, Jackson Massage and Day Spa, “Beauty: Maybe It Really Is Skin Deep,” 11-11:45 a.m.;
• Mary Alice Burkhart, coordinator, noncredit and customized programs, Austin Peay State University in Clarksville, “Business Etiquette for the 21st Century: Attitude, Manners and Protocol,” 12:30-1:15 p.m.; and
• Felicia Teddleton, owner, Felicia Bella Boutique in Rutherford, Jackson and Mem-phis, “Look Great with the Right Accessories,” 1:15-2 p.m.
Mary Kate Ridgeway, family and consumer science agent with UT Extension Services and a member of the WestStar class of 2001, will lead the conference.
Lunch will be served from 11:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Door prizes will be awarded throughout the conference.
The deadline to register is Feb. 20.
Forms may be mailed to WestStar, UT Martin, 320 Administration Building; faxed to (731) 881-7019; or e-mailed to email@example.com. If registering by e-mail, include name, business, complete address and phone number. If registering for two people, make sure to include all information on both registrants.
The fee is $35 per person or $60 for two and includes continental breakfast and lunch. Make checks payable to WestStar.
For more information, contact Virginia Grimes, WestStar coordinator, at (731) 881-7298.