County meeting set
The Messenger. 01.10.08
The Obion County Legislative Body will meet 9 a.m. Jan. 22 in the circuit courtroom of the Obion County Courthouse.
Items on the agenda include:
• information and resolution concerning a staff position for the Soil Conservation District; a final re-funding report by Morgan Keegan & Co. for the re-funding bonds; a road addition to the county’s official road map; approval of a surety bond for Mary Sue Chilcutt in the Obion County Highway Department; a resolution amending the General Fund for the courthouse security enhancements ($17,448); a resolution amending the General Fund for the circuit courtroom audio/visual enhancements ($8,888); a resolution amending the Drug Control Fund to create line items ($2,000); a report from the Northwest Tennessee Regional Port Authority; a report from the Everett-Stewart Regional Airport Board; approval of Notary Public applications; and appointments to several boards. These include:
• Agricultural Committee — now serving are Camille Fishel, Bill Sellers and Paul Albright. Members Robert M. Barnes has served three terms and is being replaced;
• Budget Committee — now serving are Danny Jowers, Dwayne Hensley, Robert M. Barnes, Polk Glover, Ralph Puckett, Jerry Grady and Steve Rice;
• Courthouse Committee — now serving are Steve Goodrich, Jimmy Seals, Richard Arnold, William Kane, Polk Glover, Dwayne Hensley and Kenneth Cheatham;
• Ethics Committee — now serving are Allen Nohsey, Donnie Braswell, Terry Roberts, Harry Johnson and Roger Williams;
• County Historian — now serving is Allen Nohsey;
• Museum Board — now serving are Genie Ullrich, Marti Eakin Doss and Tracey Batey;
• Health and Safety Standards Board — now serving is Mike Cary.
Board and committees to be considered in the March term include:
• Emergency Communications District — Cathy Forrester, Dan Boykin and John Horner;
• Board of Equalization – Dallas McBride, Carolyn Clift, Billy Clark and Diane Sanderson;
• Highway Board — Bobby Ashley and Baxter Sanders;
• NWT Regional Port Authority — Jimmy Seals.
The meeting is open to the public.