Budget meeting set
The Messenger. 12.27.07
The Obion County Budget Committee will meet 9 a.m. Wednesday in the basement conference room at the Obion County Courthouse.
Items on the agenda include:
• a resolution to amend the General Fund to include a staff position for the Soil Conservation District;
• a final re-funding report by Morgan Keegan & Co. for the re-funding bonds;
• resolutions to amend the General Fund for $17,778 and $8,888;
• resolutions to reappropriate State Revenue Sharing-TVA funds;
• a budget request from the Election Commission;
• information concerning retirement benefits for public safety officers;
• approval of surety bond for Mary Sue Chilcutt;
• appointments to several committees, including: Agricultural Committee (now serving — Camille Fishel, Bill Sellers, Paul Albright and replacing Robert M. Barnes, who has served three terms, to be a commissioner); Budget Committee (now serving — Danny Jowers, Dwayne Hensley, Robert M. Barnes, Polk Glover, Ralph Puckett, Jerry Grady and Steve Rice); Courthouse Committee (now serving — Steve Goodrich, Jimmy Seals, Richard Arnold, William Kane, Polk Glover, Dwayne Hensley and Kenneth Cheatham); Ethics Committee (now serving — Allen Nohsey, Donnie Braswell, Terry Roberts, Harry Johnson and Roger Williams); County Historian (now serving — Allen Nohsey); Museum Board (now serving — Genie Ullrich, Marti Eakin Doss and Tracey Batey); and Health and Safety Standards Board (now serving — Mike Cary)
• Accepting notary public applications.
Appointments to be considered for the March term include:
• Emergency Communications District — Cathy Forrester, Dan Boykin and John Horner;
• Board of Equalization — Dallas McBride, Carolyn Clift, Billy Clark and Diane Sanderson;
• Highway Board — Bobby Ashley (Commissioner from District 5) and Baxter Sanders (Commissioner from District 6);
• Northwest Tennessee Regional Port Authority — Jimmy Seals.
All members are urged to attend, a spokesman said.
The session is open to the public.