You are not behind
By: By MARLA CILLEY The FlyLady
I know that many of you have not started your holiday cruising missions because you think you are already behind.
These missions were not made to increase your guilt level. They were built to help you jump in where we are not beat yourself up over stupid little things. After all, it is the little things done each day that keep us moving forward.
You know what is going to happen in December when the holiday deadline is upon you. I want you to stop this right this minute and forget about the past missions. I am going to give you a quick overview so you will see that you are not behind! This will give you the confidence to jump in right here and now and get started. So enough with beating yourself up of something that is trivial; do you hear me.
I have set up a basic weekly plan for our holiday cruising missions.
Monday: Clean up and declutter one little area.
Tuesday: Make your plans and play; write down things and decorate.
Wednesday: Anti-Procrastina-tion Day; Do something you have been putting off.
Thursday: Go and Do. Get out of your home and run errands, the stuff you wrote down.
Friday: Budget; Look at what you have to spend and how much you have spent.
You see that is all there is to what we are doing.
With our little missions I give you specific things to look at but I can make those into a check list for you so you don’t feel like you are behind.
1. Grab a trash bag and fling.
2. Download holiday control journal or just start a notebook.
3. Gather up cards, wrapping paper, ribbons into one place.
4. Shop for stamps, tape or any wrapping or mailing supplies
5. Make a budget for the holidays: Travel, food, gifts.
6. Clear hot spots in the living room for holiday decorations
7. 15 minutes in Holiday CJ (decide on plans) and then play.
8. Write down different family members’ sizes in your holiday control journal.
9. Run errands in your HCJ: Baking Supplies, decorations, dry clearer.
10. Examine your budget and calendar: Set up money timetable for buying.
11. Toss out some more clutter while you bless your home.
12. Make travel arrangements or menu plan
13. Place catalog or Internet orders or just get in shopping cart.
14. Make errand list by reviewing your holiday control journal and go.
15. Review budget, pay bill and check your timetable for buying.
After looking at this list do you see how you can jump in right where we are and get started without any guilt that you are behind. It is just the first part of November. We can do this. All we are doing is cleaning, planning, playing, doing things we hate to do, running errands and facing our finances. We do this every day anyway.
Jump in where we are by downloading your free holiday control journal and spending some time this afternoon using it to gain control over your holiday guilt. As of right now, I am releasing you from any guilt because you have not started yet.
Are you ready to cruise through the holiday without stress?
For more help getting rid of CHAOS; check out the Web site and join the free mentoring group at www.FlyLady.net or the book, “Sink Reflections” published by Bantam and the New York Times Best Selling book, “Body Clutter” published by Fireside. Copyright 2007 Marla Cilley. Used by permission in this publication.
Published in The Messenger on 11.14.07