We Care announces back to school needs
Posted: Friday, July 6, 2012 1:47 pm
The WE CARE Thrift Store is open to the public on Wednesday afternoons from 1-3:30; Saturday mornings from 9:30-noon; and every second Monday of the month from 5-6:30 p.m. Every dollar spent will be used to help others.
The back to school assistance program will be Aug. 2 from 8-11:30 a.m. and 1-3 p.m.; Aug. 3 from 8-11:30 and 1-3; and Aug. 6, from 8-11:30 and 1-3. Anyone interested is asked to sign up in office for an appointment or call 587-6257 for information.
•School needs: calculators, composition books, dry erase markers, spiral notebooks, 3-ring notebooks, construction paper, highlighters, Polo shirts (medium, large and X-large), Crayola® crayons, glue sticks, jumbo erasers, pencil pouch, Fiskar® scissors, Elmer’s liquid glue, wide-ruled loose paper, folders with brads and pockets, back pack for primary schools and checking pens.
• Food bank: canned fruit, snack items, canned vegetables (potatoes, beans), Sloppy Joe, potted meat, Vienna sausages, cereal, crackers, peanut butter, 16 ounce disposable beverage cups, lunch bags, toilet paper, Little Debbie snacks, package cookies, peanut butter crackers, Pop Tarts and soap.
• Furniture store: refrigerators, stoves, washing machines and dryers, beds, good, usable couches, chairs and furniture, stereo sets and microwaves. Please, no built-in appliances.
• Thrift store: Good mattress and box springs set, pots and pans, toasters, electric skillets, electric can openers, electric mixers and crockpots, silverware and bookshelves. No computers or printers.
• Clothing store: maternity clothes, women’s plus sizes, children’s clothing, men’s shoes and jeans, and Polo shirts.
• Miscellaneous: Books (Christian fiction and non-fiction, romance and mystery), Bibles for children and adults.