|Grand jury hands down indictments
|Posted: Friday, January 6, 2012 2:04 pm
The Weakley County Grand Jury handed down 29 indictments Tuesday when it met for the January term.
Cases of child rape and aggravated burglary topped the list of felony indictments.
A total of 23 people had charges levied against them, while two of the indictments were sealed.
Those indicted by the January term of the Weakley County Grand Jury Tuesday were:
• Terry Joe Billingsby – Initiating the process to manufacture methamphetamine; promotion of meth manufacture; attempt to commit aggravated child abuse and possession of controlled substance with intent. Billingsby remains in jail.
• Daniel Ray Blackburn – Aggravated burglary and theft. Blackburn is free on a $1,000 bond.
• Randall J. Collier – Rape of a child and aggravated sexual battery. Collier remains jailed pending sentencing for federal charges.
• Jeremy Scott Corum – Aggravated assault (two counts). Corum is free on a $5,000 bond.
• Matthew Doherty – Promotion of meth manufacture; possession of a controlled substance with intent and drug paraphernalia. Doherty remains jailed with a $25,000 bond set.
• Harold Dean Ford – Promotion of meth manufacture; possession of controlled substance with intent and drug paraphernalia. Ford is being held in the Humphrey County jail.
• Tony Lynn Dotson – Aggravated sexual battery. Dotson is free on a $25,000 bond.
• Billy Matthew Harrison – DUI; safety belt; open container. Harrison is free on a $1,000 bond.
• Douglas E. Jackson – Burglary; aggravated burglary (eight counts) and theft (nine counts). Jackson is being held.
• Meredith R. Gintzig – Aggravated burglary (six counts) and theft (six counts). Gintzig is free on a $10,000 bond.
• Bradley S. Hays – Aggravated burglary (two counts) and theft (two counts). Hays is free on a $10,000 bond.
• Shariona A. Johnson – Aggravated burglary (two counts) and theft (two counts). Johnson’s bond is set at $10,000.
• Bobby Jones – Possession of a controlled substance with intent. Jones is being held.
• Bradley T. Jackson – Possession of a controlled substance with intent and drug paraphernalia. Jackson is being held.
• Darrel Wayne Lambuth – DUI; priors and implied consent. Lambuth is free on a $1,000 bond.
• Christopher Alan Lee Lane – Aggravated burglary (three counts) and theft (four counts). Lane was released on his own recognizance.
• Dennis Lee Pettie – Motor vehicle habitual offender act and light law. Pettie was released on a $1,000 bond.
• Corey Lee Ray – Aggravated robbery. Ray remains in jail.
• Angela Lytle – Aggravated robbery. Lytle remains jailed.
• Anthony D. Taylor – Burglary; theft and vandalism. Taylor’s bond is set at $7,500.
• Hattie Waggener – Theft of property; aggravated burglary and theft. Waggener remains jailed.
• Gary L. Wallace – Motor vehicle habitual offender act. Wallace is free on a $1,000 bond.
• Michael Terry Wellman Jr. – Worthless checks (15 counts). Wellman remains in jail.
• Sealed – Aggravated sexual battery (two counts) and failure to appear.
• Sealed – False insurance claim (two counts); false reports (three counts); vandalism; arson and setting fire to personal property.
Those indicted by the grand jury are set to appear in Weakley County Circuit Court today (Thursday).